Saturday, September 02, 2006

Weekly update

Back again! Spending the long weekend with everyone back home would have been nice, but it's impossible, and I did manage to see everybody before I left (and the weather forecast wasn't great either) so I don't feel too bad. It's just that there's so much to jump right into back here!

I'm a bit disappointed that Retainer Girl didn't do better while I was away. I am surprised that there aren't more people who are curious about it. And I don't have time to do much to publicize it right now. Not that I have any great new ideas how to do that anyway....

I thought of looking up my old orthodontist in Michigan and giving him a copy. He's still working but it's been more than twenty years and I chickened out. I'd sort of like to know what he thinks, but he'd probably have too many questions.

At least Love and Braces is coming along really well, except that it's turning out to be a lot longer than I expected. Getting near the end stretch, but it might reach close to 250 pages. Unless I really cut a lot, but I'm not sure I can or want to.

I hope that with school and college starting all over the place more students will be looking for a book about having braces and will find out about Retainer Girl! And that I find the time to finish Love and Braces soon!

No comments: