Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bracing for summer (and spring...)

OK it doesn't feel very much like spring yet, but I've been very productive and am well into a new book. This is something different - again! Probably not for the diehard Dr.Wrighting fans, but I think a different audience - maybe a new one for me! - will like it a lot. And it's a lot of fun to write. Of course the finishing touches always stretch out longer than I expect so I won't even guess when I'll be done - I'm not even close to that stage yet - but it's coming together really nicely.

More soon, I hope!

2 comments:

MikeFXB said...

Congrats on publishing another book! What's the reasoning for changing to "Cathy" rather than "Catherine" as you've used for your other books (to the best of my knowledge)? More approachable to young adults?

Catherine said...

Thanks! And that's right - I'm using Cathy to differentiate it more from the Dr.Wrighting books. It also features a different orthodontist, since Dr.W is kind of intense.... This one is an age-appropriate kids and teen novel, and if I write more of them I'll publish them under Cathy again. But don't worry, Catherine is still hard at work too....