Sunday, June 12, 2016

What characters from the Dr.Samantha Wrighting novels have to say about "Brooke in Braces"


What characters from the Dr.Samantha Wrighting novels have to say about Brooke in Braces:


“Brooke bares her braces and her soul in this book, and it is this forthrightness as she faces up to her fears, concerns and simple day to day life in braces that makes this such a great story for anyone who has or is getting braces. I will certainly recommend this wonderful book to my patients to help them on their own braced journeys.”

– Dr.Allegretta , braces counselor and therapist


“I love this book! Even though I see kids getting braces every day in my mother’s practice, and even though I have lots of friends who have them, it often feels like such a solitary experience, even to me. Brooke really shares her experiences, and I love reading about them and comparing them to my own.”

– Natalie Wrighting, Dr.Wrighting’s braced daughter


“Where was Brooke in Braces when I had braces? This is exactly the book I wanted and needed to get me through my own braced years.”

– Lauren, from Retainer Girl


“Among my favorite mother-daughter memories is the one of reading Brooke in Braces with Emma as she was undergoing her own orthodontic treatment. It made it so much easier to talk about what she was going through, and we both learnt a lot about ourselves and each other in the process. Brooke’s experiences weren’t as adventurous or dramatic as those of some of the heroines in other books we read, but we could really relate to her. Even now, she is one of the characters who is dearest to our hearts, and the book one that we continue to cherish.”

– Pamela, from Bracing Daydreams


“A teenage girl going on for 300 pages about having braces? But I couldn’t get enough. Finally, a book that tells it like it is!”

– Cecilia St.Winthropson,
from Bracing Times with Cecilia





No comments: