Thursday, August 12, 2010

More on "Notwithstanding Braces"

I've updated the Intraoral Press site too, so there's now a page for Notwithstanding Braces. And remember that you can already buy it from Lulu! (By the way, it's really impressive how easy it is to publish on Lulu now. If you've written a book you should really try it!)

Notwithstanding Braces is the first book in the Erotic Orthodontic Encounter series that I'd like to start. But it all depends on whether people like it (and buy it!). Writing about sex and braces is difficult because there are some limitations, like having the characters be adults. And writing sex scenes can be hard anyway. I had my husband advise me, suggesting what people might like more of and what didn't work so much. Overall I think it turned out really well.

It was also good writing practice. Notwithstanding Braces alternates points of view between the two characters, so you see how each of them is reacting and what they're thinking. And it's also written in the present tense, which makes you feel like you're right there, caught up in the action. At least that was the idea!

Anyway, I hope a lot of you are curious about it and check it out. And that you like it!

No comments: